How Do You Choose A Contractor?
Choosing the wrong contractor can lead to years of frustration and unnecessary expenses, but how do you choose the right contractor?
America’s Repair Force is here to help!
The mission of America’s Repair Force is to raise the bar for all contractors and tradespeople and protect consumers from unscrupulous electricians, plumbers, carpenters, air conditioning technicians, and more. The easy-to-follow Contractor Checklist on the flip side of this card will keep you safe and save you money by ensuring that any contractor you let into your home or place of business is knowledgeable & professional.
Find 3 companies that meet these standards and make sure they’re quoting comparable products before you compare their prices. This will ensure that you’re comparing “apples to apples” and not making a costly mistake.
- Can the company provide a copy of their state license?
- Is the license in the owner’s name?
- Has the company been in business longer than the term of their current license?
- Does the company have a permanent, non-residential place of business?
- Is the company adequately staffed or do they have to outsource work?
- Do the technicians have the necessary certifications for their trade?
- Does the company carry liability and workers’ compensation insurance?
- Do all company employees go through high-level background checks?
- Is the company a drug-free workplace?
- Does the company have an excellent reputation?
- Can the company provide client references?
- Is the company affiliated with any professional trade organizations?
- Does the owner live in the community that the company serves?
- Does the company support their community?
Before you hire another contractor, download a Contractor Checklist courtesy of Sean McCutcheon's Air Conditioning and Heating, Inc.